File a Complaint

The BCSC is the provincial agency responsible for protecting investors and regulating fair capital markets. We supervise other regulatory organizations that set and enforce rules of conduct for many market participants, including those that regulate investment dealers glossary icon and mutual fund dealers glossary icon. Because of our system of regulation and law, these regulators are responsible for investigating investor complaints against their members.

Review the sections below to assess how you should proceed with your complaint.

Complaints About Advisors 

Where you file depends on the nature of your complaint. Decide first if you should complain to the BCSC or another agency, then find out how to get the most from the complaint process you use. Learn more  

Complaints About Companies 

There are different factors to consider that will help you decide which complaint process to use and then to make it work for you.Learn more

What the BCSC Can & Cannot Do 

As a regulator, we look to the courts to put criminals in jail. But there are other actions we can take to protect investors, like fining or imposing market bans on those who are found to contravened securities laws. Learn more

BCSC Complaint Form

The BCSC Complaint Form collects the information we need from you to determine what action we may be able to take.

report to us image linkClick image on left to open the form.

We appreciate the time you spend completing this report. Contact BCSC Inquiries if you have questions, or have a problem completing the form.