We are hosting a joint conference with the Alberta Securities Commission to talk about the vital role of small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) to BC and Alberta’s economy.
Iain Black, BC Minister of Small Business, Technology and Economic Development spoke at the Vancouver Board of Trade this week. He told us that a whopping 98% of all businesses in BC are in the small business category.
At the conference, we will be releasing new information about the amount of money raised in BC’s and Alberta’s private market. We will examine the importance for start-up companies to access capital in the current economic environment. We will look at what kinds of information investors need in order to consider investing in a small to medium sized company.
We are also going to examine our highly successful venture capital markets and discuss the concept of proportionate regulation – less burdensome but more efficient.
The conference features the following speakers and panellists:
- Jock Finlayson, Executive Vice president, Policy, Business Council of BC
- John McCoach, President, TSX Venture Exchange
- Martin Eady, Director Corporate Finance, BC Securities Commission
- Darrin Hopkins, Vice President, Macquarie Private Wealth Inc.
- Hans Knapp, Partner and General Counsel, Yaletown Venture Partners
- Andrew Rae, President and CEO, iCO Therapeutics Inc.
- Bill Rice, Chair Alberta Securities Commission
- John Wright, President and CEO, Petrobank Energy and Resources Ltd.
Our moderator is Dr. Cristie Ford, Assistant Professor, UBC Faculty of Law.
Capital Ideas, Tuesday, October 26, Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver. Register today.
Know the fees and charges you pay
Read the disclosure and understand the risks