British Columbia Securities Commission staff recently added FXDD Malta Limited to the Investment Caution List.
Staff recently received information that BC residents have accounts with FXDD Malta Limited (FXDD Malta), a firm offering foreign exchange trading services.
FXDD Malta is not registered in British Columbia to trade in, or advise on, securities and exchange contracts.
We urge BC residents to exercise caution when dealing with firms that are not registered to trade or advise in British Columbia.
The BCSC takes a proactive approach to help protect BC investors by publishing an Investment Caution List. This list provides investors with the names of:
- Unregistered foreign brokerage firms that have solicited BC investors to open trading accounts
- Businesses from other jurisdictions that have solicited BC residents to buy unqualified investments
- Businesses connected, or purporting to be connected, to BC that have solicited investors in other jurisdictions to purchase unqualified investments
To learn more about foreign exchange trading and the risks associated with it, you can visit the Informed investing section of InvestRight. We’ve set up a Foreign exchange page that answers common questions like:
- What is foreign exchange?
- What risks does it have?
- Can you sell it easily?
- What are the costs?
- What are the expected types of returns?
Learn about oil futures markets and what happened to the oil futures markets in April 2020.