Your Financial Goals
It’s important to think about your short- and long-term financial goals, and if investing can help you reach those goals.
Whatever your situation, take a few minutes to sit down and think about where you are now financially, and where you want to be in the future.
Here are Some Questions to Consider
- What are you saving for?
- What are your income and expenses today?
- What do you know about investing?
- Do you have any big expenses or major purchases coming up in the future?
- Do you have a retirement savings plan or a registered pension plan?
- Do you have any dependents? How will their needs change over time?
- Do you have any important income tax considerations?
A good registered investment advisor will discuss these and many more questions with you. They will want to ensure they have a clear understanding of your financial situation and your investment goals.
Take a look at our Know Your Advisor section to find out more about working with a registered investment advisor.