In your community – June 2012
BCSC staff ambassadors tour the province, helping people to protect themselves from fraud and unsuitable investments. Our goal is to enable BC investors to develop critical thinking skills so they can become more informed of steps they should take to protect themselves when investing.
Where we are this month
Aging in Place Conference – a free event for Surrey seniors, focusing on healthy lifestyles, education and advocacy safety.
Doors open at 8:00 am – with free coffee, tea and treats
Fleetwood Community Centre 15996 84 Avenue Surrey.
- Opening remarks start at 8:30 am
- Workshops throughout the day. Sign up for the InvestRight seminars at 9:45am – 10:45am or 1:30pm- 2:30pm.
- Free participant package.
- Lunch available upon purchase
- Door prizes.
To register for this and other workshops call 604-501-5100. For more information on workshops and transportation go to http://www.surrey.ca/files/SeniorsConferenceBrochure.pdf
Seniors Safety fair – a free public event that focuses on the safety and well-being of seniors
9:00am – 1:00pm
Trinity Baptist Church, Spall and Springfield, Kelowna
- Browse displays of over 40 seniors focused services, including the BC Securities Commission.
- Presentation on Power of Attorney at 9:30 am
- Door prizes and refreshments
For more information call 250-861-6180
We present to various service clubs such as Rotary, Probus, Newcomers, women’s groups, seniors’ organizations, and other networks. If your group of 20 or more would like to have the BCSC come and present InvestRight, please contact:
Program Manager, Outreach
Communications & Education
Phone: 604-899-6731 or toll free: 1-800-373-6393