About Our Blog
Our Investor News blog provides British Columbians with information and tools to help them avoid investment scams and become empowered investors.
We want to know if you find the information and tools useful and we welcome your ideas about how we can improve them. We also want to hear any questions and challenges you have encountered and, of course, your success stories. With this information, we will do our best to improve our current program and build new tools to help you and other investors make the most of your investments.
We will also help you avoid investment scams and better understand the legitimate investments you make. This is not a forum for advice about what to invest in, but it can help you get to know yourself, your investments, and your advisor so you can better decide what’s suitable for you and what’s not.
Our blog has six categories to keep you informed:
- About Investing provides in-depth content related to different aspects of investing, including fees and charges, investment fraud, client-advisor relationships, and more.
- Announcements has all of our BCSC InvestRight investor education campaign updates as well as other timely reminders.
- Enforcement Roundup contains monthly blog posts covering BCSC, IIROC, and MFDA activities.
- Investor Alerts is where we help you watch out for investment fraud.
- Investor News covers the latest investor topics, BCSC research, and regulatory news.
- Investor Warnings features stories and updates you should be aware of as an investor.
The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) authorizes the information posted by its staff bloggers, who aim to provide news that is current, accurate, and reliable but does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of information posted by others. Readers who rely on information posted by others assume the responsibility and risk of doing so. Visit our Legal page to find out more about:
- our legal policy.
- links to other websites.
Our Investor News blog and social media channels are not:
- a substitute channel for BCSC services or inquiries.
- advice on what to invest in.
- a discussion about the market regulation or enforcement activities of the BCSC or any other commission.
- a place to submit a claim, complaint, or any other form of legal or administrative notice or application.
- a place to transact commercial business or to submit business proposals or applications to the BCSC.
- a place to send questions or status inquiries about individuals or companies regulated by the BCSC, or specific cases or applications under review.