COVID-19 Information for BC Investors
The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) has been declared an essential service, and remains committed to protecting investors and the integrity of the investment markets. The BCSC and InvestRight continue to offer investor education, fraud awareness information, and provide information about regulatory developments during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay up to Date With COVID-19-Related Investor Alerts
The BCSC and the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) warn the public about activities that may pose a risk to investors by releasing Investor Alerts. You can access InvestRight Alerts on the InvestRight blog.
The latest COVID-19-related investor alerts are listed below:
- BCSC Investor Alert: Aggressive stock promotion exploits fears of coronavirus recession
- BCSC Investor Alert: Warning about aggressive promotion of Revive Therapeutics
- BCSC Investor Alert: Warning about work from home scams during COVID-19 crisis
- CSA Investor Alert: CSA Warn Public of Coronavirus-Related Investment Scams
Importance of Fraud Awareness During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Fraudsters seek to prey on people when they are vulnerable, such as during volatile economic periods. At this time, it’s especially important to be vigilant and know how to identify, reject, and report investment fraud. The following BCSC InvestRight resources will help you protect yourself and others:
- Fraud Warning Signs – learn how to identify the five common fraud warning signs.
- Common Investment Scams – understand common investment scams fraudsters use.
- Fraud Prevention Guide – See if you can spot investment fraud, and learn how to report it.
- Elder Financial Abuse – Older adults are most vulnerable when they’re isolated. While we’re isolating, it’s important to know how to recognize and act on the signs of elder financial abuse.
We’re Keeping Investors Informed
The InvestRight blog and newsletter are great ways to become more fraud aware and learn how you can make informed investing.
More Resources to Help you Navigate Investing During COVID-19
The links below provide access to trusted information from government organizations.
- BCSC Corporate Website – Stay up to date with the latest from the BC Securities Commission.
- CSA Website – Stay up to date with the latest from the Canadian Securities Administrators.
Canadian Federal Government
- General Resource on COVID-19
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canadian Revenue Agency and COVID-19